- Assets are added and deleted on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Value reports by asset category are printed at the end of each year.
- Each department and branch will physically inventory the fixed asset lists every 2 years.
For insurance and informational purposes, the library may keep an inventory list with a lower threshold of $100 separate from the one required by the State Board of Accounts.
When assets are no longer usable or needed, they are discarded according to library policy and marked with a discard date on the fixed asset inventory. Following the annual report to the State Board of Accounts, these items are deleted from the inventory.
- A current database is stored on the network.
- Annually, hard copies or computer file copies are generated and stored
- in the on-site fire safe
- in the bank deposit box
- at the insurance company