- Assets are added and deleted on a regular basis throughout the year.
- Value reports by asset category are printed at the end of each year.
- Each department and branch will physically inventory the fixed asset lists every 2 years.
For insurance and informational purposes, the library may keep an inventory list with a lower threshold separate from the one required by the State Board of Accounts.
When assets are no longer usable or needed, they are discarded according to library policy and marked with a discard date on the fixed asset inventory. Following the annual report to the State Board of Accounts, these items are deleted from the inventory.
- A current database is stored on the network.
- Annually, hard copies or computer file copies are generated and stored
- in the on-site fire safe
- in the bank deposit box
- at the insurance company