Clerk, Media Services Department
Media Services Manager
Part-time, non-exempt, 24 hours per week
To assist the Media Services Librarian in maintaining the media collection of the Wells County Public Library.
- Does not supervise other employees but performs under direct authority of the Media Services Manager.
Media Services Clerk Duties
- Cleaning and maintaining the media collection, inspecting items for damage.
- Shelve recently returned and cleaned media materials, as needed.
- Receive library materials utilizing the Acquisitions module in Workflows in a timely manner. Complete recordkeeping required to close out orders and control cataloging workflow.
- Process the newly cataloged materials to prepare them for the public shelves: to include providing jackets or laminating as appropriate, affixing labels and possession stamps, and typing corrected labels when necessary.
- Assist with the display and promotion of the media collection through displays, blogs, and other promotional materials.
- Provide listener’s and viewer’s advisory to patrons.
- Assist patrons in selection and scheduling of media materials and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Serve on library committees and attend relevant meetings.
- Perform circulation duties as scheduled following the requirements for Circulation Clerk
Experience and Education Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Practical library experience or post-secondary education is highly desirable but is not required.
- Knowledge of basic computer technology is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills and an ability to work with people.
- Polite and courteous telephone etiquette is required.
- Physical strength and dexterity are required to handle items and boxes up to 35 pounds in weight and to transport loaded book carts; physical ability to reach items on high and low shelves is also required.
Submit an Application for Employment, cover letter, and resume by by May 31, 2019 to the library or via email (Attention: Jackie Dailey – email@example.com).