Parlor City Christmas 2023
Get Schedule here.
Children’s Book Festival 2023
Join us for a Children’s Book Festival at the Main Library. Event is normally held every other year. The 2023 event will feature musician Jim Gill, author Shannon Anderson, author & illustrator David Slonim, food trucks, carnival games, balloon animals, moonbounce, inflatable obstacle course, costumed characters, and more!
Event date and time
Saturday, October 7: 9 AM – 4 PM
at the Main Library (200 West Washington Street, Bluffton, IN 46714).
Author and Performances in attendance
Find out more about the authors by clicking on their names. There will also be books and CDs for purchase at the event and a chance to get them signed.
- Shannon Anderson – author (Shannon will also be presenting at Wells County Schools on Thursday and Friday)
- Jim Gill – musician and author
- David Slonim – author and illustrator
- 9:00 am: Doors open – Meet Elephant & Piggie
- 9:00 am-3:30 pm: Carnival games, bounce house/obstacle course, and book/CD give-a-ways
- 9:30 am: Jim Gill performance
- 10:30 am: David Slonim drawing workshop
- 11 am-2 pm: Balloon animals, local authors, food trucks
- 11 am: Elephant & Piggie meet-and-greet
- 11:30 am: Shannon Anderson presentation
- 12:15 pm: Local author readings
- 12:30 pm: Storywalk tour
- 1:00 pm: Jim Gill performance
- 1:30 pm: Indy the Super Service Dog
- 1:45 pm: Elephant & Piggie meet-and-greet
- 2:00 pm: Shannon Anderson writing workshop
- 3:00 pm: David Slonim drawing workshop
- Summer Aschliman
- Bryan Ballinger
- Karen Flesch
- Christina Furnish
- Ashley Kumfer
- Holly Mischler
- Emily Roop
- Beverly Witwer
Food and Truck Vendors
Several local food trucks will be selling meals at the event along Washington Street. You’ll want to make sure you bring some cash with you to enjoy food, but most should accept credit card.
- Uncle Matt’s BBQ Shack – enjoy BBQ and chicken legs for the kids
- Kenzie’s Coneys – hot dog cart
- The Big Dipper – ice cream and apple dumplings
This great event is free for the public because of the generous support of our sponsors.