The Wells County Public Library staff have been hard at work determining plans to slowly phase in services both curbside and inside our buildings. While closed, we are enjoying bringing you even more digital books, online storytimes, and virtual events, but we know you miss being able to visit the library as much as we miss seeing you!
We are excited to announce that we will begin offering some additional services, even though the library buildings themselves will remain closed to the public.
The next few weeks will be spent preparing our buildings so that you can safely return. Due to space limitations at our Main Library from the current construction project, some services may be available at our Ossian Branch first.
Make sure to check back here for details as we make new services available. We will continue to follow recommendations from the CDC and state health officials. Services might be removed at any point if warranted, due to safety concerns.
Our phone lines will be open Monday through Friday from 11 am to 6 pm so that we can assist you with placing holds, reference help, and scheduling Curbside Pickup times.
- Main Library (Bluffton): 260-824-1612
- Ossian Branch: 260-622-4691
We are also just an email away if you have questions. email@example.com.
- You can place holds again on our Online Catalog (up to 25 items) with your library card and PIN.
- When items are available, you will be called to schedule a Curbside Pickup time.
- If it’s easier, just give us a call and we can pull items for you. You can request specific items or make a general request, such as books by a certain author, items in a particular genre, etc.
Must schedule a time to pick up items. Available hours are:
- Main Library (Bluffton): Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11 am-1 pm and 3 pm-6pm
- Ossian Branch: Tuesday and Friday from 11 am-1 pm and 3 pm-6pm
To use Curbside Pickup, place items on hold online through your account or call us to reserve items. Our staff will then get those items pulled for you and give you a call to schedule a pickup time when they are ready.
During your designated pickup date and time, just pull into one of the spots marked for Curbside Pickup and call the phone number listed on the sign for that space. Let us know your name and the spot you are in and we’ll bring your items right out. Simply pop your trunk or a door to your vehicle, and we’ll place your items inside for a safe transfer.
If you don’t have a vehicle, just let us know and you can get items from a designated table for a contactless pickup!
COMPUTER ASSISTANCE AND COPYING/PRINTING/FAXING:
This service will only be available at our Ossian Branch and is reserved for essential business only. Schedule a time to use a library computer or get document assistance, which can include making copies, printing, faxing, notary services, and more.
- Ossian Branch: Wednesday and Thursday from 11 am-6pm (by appointment only; call to schedule – 260-622-4691).
INFO ON RETURNS:
- All items currently checked out can be returned in a library book drop. If an item will not fit, please call to schedule a time to return.
- Items will be quarantined for several days before being available again as a safety precaution.
- All items currently checked out will not be fined until our buildings are open.
SUMMER READING (May 11-July 31):
We have adapted and made the entire Summer Reading program available online for kids, teens, and adults. Registration opens up earlier than normal to allow for extra time to reach your prize levels. In addition to being able to track your reading for prizes, we will also be offering a variety of online storytimes, virtual programs, and craft/project kits that can be picked up at the library. Details are available at: wellscolibrary.org/summer. Registration will be open starting May 11.