The newly-named Parlor City Christmas is modeled after the successful Bicentennial Holiday Celebration of last year. Join us downtown in Bluffton on Saturday, December 9 for lots of kids’ activities, horse-drawn carriage rides, shopping with more than 35 vendors, free goodies at downtown businesses, and more!
The library will be hosting several musical entertainers from 11am-2pm, be participating in the Goodie Walk, and also be one of the stops on the carriage rides.
Event is generously sponsored by Andrews & Crell, Markle Heath & Rehabilitation, River Terrace Retirement Community, and the Parlor City Christmas Committee.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, December 9 (Downtown Bluffton)
8:30-10:30 am: Breakfast at Masonic Lodge
9:00 am: Jingle Bell Jog & December Dash (Parks Department)
9:00 am: Breakfast with Santa at Sassafras on Main
9-11 am: Cookie Walk at The Connecting Center
11 am-12 pm: Owl Experience at the Courthouse Plaza
11 am-2 pm: Market Street will be closed on the 100 block for celebration
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Goodie Walk (free lunch samples & treats at businesses around downtown Bluffton)
- “Buddy the Bison” scavenger hunt game (#WheresBuddy)
- Smokey the Bear character visit and photo op
- Musical Entertainment at the library
- Parlor City Shopping Fair at the ACVC building (more than 35 local vendors)
- Announcing planter contest winners
- Hot Chocolate and Bonfire at ACVC Patio
- Festival of Wreaths at ACVC
- Photo Op with Smokey the Bear
11 am-5 pm: Christmas at the Mansion (Wells County Historical Museum)
12 pm-2 pm: Grandpa Don’s train rides (train station at the Courthouse Plaza)
5:30 pm: Santa reading at Ouabache State Park
5:30-9:30 pm: Wonderland of Lights at Oubache State Park
All events are free to attend. Get maps and more info on the Parlor City Christmas page.