In a world of rampant misinformation, credible sources are incredibly important especially when it comes to your health. This is one reason the Wells County Public Library offers the Consumer Health Complete database to our patrons. Consumer Health Complete supports the information needs of patients and fosters an overall understanding of health-related topics. It covers the key areas of health and wellness including mainstream medicine and the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine. Topics covered include aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs/alcohol, fitness, and nutrition/dietetics.
This database includes:
- More than 480 full-text journals and magazines
- More than 640 full-text health reference books, eBooks, and encyclopedias
- More than 2,400 full-text, evidence-based health reports
- Nearly 500 medical images and diagrams
- Nearly 250 animations with audio narration
- More than 4,000 articles covering teen health topics
- More than 12,000 articles covering senior health topics
- Full-text consumer health pamphlets and leaflets
Consumer Health Complete is an INSPIRE Database, which can be accessed by Indiana residents using any computer equipped with an Internet Protocol (IP) address located in Indiana. INSPIRE is provided by the Indiana State Library.