The Indiana Room houses the Genealogy Collection, which is a noncirculating collection. The main focus of this collection is local genealogy and history.
It is library policy not to buy family histories/genealogies. Our collection is composed of donations. Therefore, we do not have a family history/genealogy for every family that has roots in Wells County.
Our collection includes:
- Two microfilm readers/printers and a microfilm reader
- Bluffton newspapers on microfilm (1866-present)
- Marriage index (1837-4/12/1980)
- Birth index (1883-1920)
- Wells County census on microfilm (1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930)
- Indiana census index (1807, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860--North Indiana only, 1870, 1880--Wells County only)
- Genealogy Index (Best viewed using Internet Explorer although we are currently experiencing issues with the document preview window.) The Genealogy Index will be unavailable all day Monday, March 16, 2015 for system maintenance.
- Indiana Authors and Their Books
- Indiana State Library Genealogy Division
- Ancestry Library (only available for use in library)
- HeritageQuest Online: I'm on a library computer; I'm outside of the library