1. Loan periods and the number of items loaned for all materials will be set by the library director and are subject to change due to factors such as seasonal demand and popularity.
2. Holds may be placed on most circulating material. Holds may be placed in person, by phone, or via Internet.
3. Most circulating material may be renewed in person, by phone, or via Internet.
1. The Library Board directs that all borrowers of materials adhere to all provisions of Title 17 of the United States Code, entitled “Copyrights,” to other relative federal legislation and guidelines concerning the duplication of copyright materials, and to the Public Performance Law.
2. Adult patrons and the parents or guardians of card holders under the age of 18 attest to the following disclaimer on all library card applications concerning adherence to library policy and copyright law:
“I accept responsibility for all uses of this card, including fines, penalties, and payment for lost, damaged, or stolen materials. I understand and will abide by library policies and copyright/performance laws. I will report a lost card or any change in my contact information.”
1. The Wells County Public Library will not be held responsible for damage to a patron’s audiovisual or computer equipment as a result of the use of library tapes or discs.
2. Patrons who lose or damage library materials will be charged the replacement cost of the item and processing fee as determined by the Library Board.
1. Library patrons are charged for overdue materials. The extended use fee is set by the Library Board. There is no grace period.
2. The library is not responsible for materials locked in buildings, lost, stolen, or entrusted to other individuals. Extended use fees will be charged in full under these circumstances.
3. Extended use fees are not charged to Teacher or Institutional cards.
4. Periodically, the library director may designate a fine and fee amnesty time period or accept pre-designated food or staple items in lieu of fines and fees owed by the borrowers. The exchange rate will be determined by the library director. This amnesty or exchange will not apply to interlibrary loan charges, copy and print fees, meeting room fees or money owed to other libraries.
The library accepts cash, checks, and credit or debit cards. There is a $5 minimum for credit or debit card use.