Through dues and book sale monies we support the following events: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, Author visits, Books for Babies, Book baskets for community waiting rooms, Book Pages monthly literary news, Boo in Bluffton, Continuing Education, Library giveaways for various programs, Library Street Fair parade entry, Staff Appreciation Banquet, Summer and Winter Reading Programs, Teen Trivia, etc.
These worthy programs are not supported by taxes.
- to maintain an association of persons interested in books and libraries
- to focus public attention on library service, facilities and needs
- to stimulate gifts of books, magazines, desirable collections, endowments and bequests
- to support the library financially and with volunteer services.
Advantages of being a Friend of the Library
- Members get in early to the library’s used books sales.
- No regular meetings, but you are always welcome to attend the bimonthly board meetings.
- The opportunity to be a part of the exciting happenings at the library.
- Knowing that you are supporting the library in a real and meaningful way.