Parlor City Christmas
The newly-named Parlor City Christmas is modeled after the successful Bicentennial Holiday Celebration of last year. Join us downtown in Bluffton on Saturday, December 9 for lots of kids’ activities, horse-drawn carriage rides, shopping with more than 35 vendors, free goodies at downtown businesses, and more!
The library will be hosting several musical entertainers from 11am-2pm, be participating in the Goodie Walk, and also be one of the stops on the carriage rides.
Event is generously sponsored by Andrews & Crell, Markle Heath & Rehabilitation, River Terrace Retirement Community, and the Parlor City Christmas Committee.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, December 9 (Downtown Bluffton)
8:30-10:30 am: Breakfast at Masonic Lodge
9:00 am: Jingle Bell Jog & December Dash (Parks Department)
9:00 am: Breakfast with Santa at Sassafras on Main
9-11 am: Cookie Walk at The Connecting Center
11 am-12 pm: Owl Experience at the Courthouse Plaza
11 am-2 pm: Market Street will be closed on the 100 block for celebration
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Goodie Walk (free lunch samples & treats at businesses around downtown Bluffton)
- “Buddy the Bison” scavenger hunt game (#WheresBuddy)
- Smokey the Bear character visit and photo op
- Musical Entertainment at the library
- Parlor City Shopping Fair at the ACVC building (more than 35 local vendors)
- Announcing planter contest winners
- Hot Chocolate and Bonfire at ACVC Patio
- Festival of Wreaths at ACVC
- Photo Op with Smokey the Bear
11 am-5 pm: Christmas at the Mansion (Wells County Historical Museum)
12 pm-2 pm: Grandpa Don’s train rides (train station at the Courthouse Plaza)
5:30 pm: Santa reading at Ouabache State Park
5:30-9:30 pm: Wonderland of Lights at Oubache State Park
All events are free to attend. Get maps and more info on the Parlor City Christmas page.
Written by Emily MarshallHey everyone! I’m Emily Marshall. As the Community Relations Manager for WCPL, I’m usually sitting in front of my computer creating posters in Photoshop, planning library programs, or teaching computer classes. In my spare time, I enjoy reading teen books, watching way too much TV, traveling, playing board games, and trying to convince people that cheesy Hallmark Channel and ABC Family original movies aren't “that bad.” I also love messages, so feel free to email me at .
Read all posts written by Emily Marshall
Comment on this post
Leave a Reply
Comments are welcomed and encouraged. Please know we review comments before they are posted. Comments containing the following will not be approved.
- obscene, indecent, or profane language
- threats or defamatory statements
- hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- promote or endorse services or products - Spam